Tue, Feb 04|
Healthy Living Institute at UMC
Hand & Foot 'M' Technique® Course on 02.04.2020
Interested in learning the Hand & Foot 'M' Technique®? Attend this 4-Hour Course and receive the training to use holistic touch on the hands & feet for comfort and care to patients, friends or family.
Time & Location
Feb 04, 2020, 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM PST
Healthy Living Institute at UMC, 901 Rancho Lane, Suite #180, Las Vegas, NV 89106, USA
About the Event
This 4-hour course covers the Hand & Foot 'M' Technique®. The 'M' Technique® was developed by Jane Buckle, Ph. D., R.N., as a means of holistic communication. This structured system of touch is suitable when massage is inappropriate because the receiver is very fragile/critically ill, or when the giver is not trained in massage. The 'M' Technique® works on the skin receptor sites that send signals to the brain to RELAX. This technique is intended to enable the giver to quickly provide physical comfort and allows the receiver to relax almost immediately.
There are several published clinical trials, as well as over 300 individual case studies which support the 'M' Technique® has:
- reduced stress and anxiety
- reduced the perception of chronic pain
- reduced agitation
- promoted rest and relaxation
in critically ill, chronically ill, actively dying, and healthy individuals of all ages.
The learner outcome of the 'M' Technique® Hand & Foot Course is to enable nurses and other health providers to use holistic touch on the hands & feet for comfort and care, and to promote healing in any setting utilizing this structured touch technique on the hands and/or feet of a patient, friend, or family member. This touch is suitable for frail and critically ill patients as well as for healthy individuals of all ages.
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Discuss the difference between various touch modalities used in healthcare settings
- Demonstrate proficiency in core touch at a pressure of three
- Demonstrate 'M' Technique® on hand
- Demonstrate 'M' Technique® on foot
- Demonstrate 'M' Technique® on the hand and foot practical
This course is open to nurses, other health providers, as well as non-health professionals such as hospice volunteers, patient advocates, patient ambassadors, and caregivers. It is also open to relatives and friends of individuals who may be critically ill, very fragile or anyone needing the comfort and healing of holistic touch.
In order to remain compliant with R.J. Buckle Associates, LLC policies, the following requirements must be met:
- Cost is $100/person (UMC Employees qualify for discount if proof of employment is met.)
- Attendees must register and pay by February 2, 2020 to secure space. Class size is limited to 20 participants and registration fills up quickly.
- Refund of tuition less $25.00 administrative fee if cancellation is received by January 29, 2020. No refunds after this date. If class is cancelled by R.J. Buckle Associates, LLC, full refunds will be given.
Nurses and Massage Therapists receive 4 Contact Hours. A Certificate of Attendance is given to all attendees. Click here to be directed to R.J. Buckle for continuing education details.
'M' Technique® 4-Hr Class
Cost for the 4-Hour Course is $100/person. 4 Contact Hours will be provided to Nurses and Massage Therapists. Looking forward to seeing you there!$100.00