Sat, Mar 19|
ONLINE (Virtual Instruction)
Hand & Foot 'M' Technique® 4-Hour ONLINE Course
Interested in learning the Hand & Foot 'M' Technique®? Attend this 4-Hour ONLINE Hands-On Course and receive the training to use holistic touch for comfort and care to patients, clients, friends, or family.
Time & Location
Mar 19, 2022, 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
ONLINE (Virtual Instruction)
About the Event
(Please note: Start/End Time may be adjusted depending upon location/time zone of registered attendees.)
This 4-Hour virtual instruction (online) course covers the Hand & Foot 'M' Technique®. In keeping with the original format of the in-person classes, the 'M' Technique® Hand & Foot Course will utilize Zoom classroom sessions. To maintain privacy and confidentiality, paid attendees will be provided with the Zoom meeting ID and password. Registration is open to United States and Canada residents. Class size is limited to 8 class attendees. All interactive (Zoom) sessions will be listed in Eastern Time Zone.
This 4-hour course covers the Hand & Foot ‘M’ Technique®. This course will show the attendee how to RELAX someone utilizing the Hand ‘M’ Technique®, in about 5 minutes—whether he or she is fragile, critically ill, or simply stressed out! The course is suitable for nurses and healthcare providers, massage therapists, volunteers, patient ambassadors, patient advocates, caregivers, or relatives wanting to de-stress or provide comfort to a loved one.
The 'M' Technique® was developed by Jane Buckle, Ph. D., R.N., as a means of holistic communication. The 'M' Technique® works on the skin receptor sites that send signals to the brain to RELAX. This technique is intended to enable the giver to quickly provide physical comfort and allows the receiver to relax almost immediately. The 'M' Technique® is designed to produce rapid relaxation response in the shortest period of time, in the simplest, least invasive method.
There are several published clinical trials, as well as over 300 individual case studies which support the 'M' Technique® has:
- reduced stress and anxiety
- reduced the perception of chronic pain
- reduced agitation
- promoted rest and relaxation
in critically ill, chronically ill, actively dying, and healthy individuals of all ages.
The learner outcome of the 'M' Technique® Hand & Foot Course is to enable nurses, massage therapists, and other health providers to use holistic touch for comfort and care, and to promote healing in any setting utilizing this structured touch technique on the hands and feet of a patient, client, friend, or family member. The 'M' Technique® is a clinical, peer reviewed, evidence based registered method of gentle, structured touch that is safe and appropriate for anyone of all ages and conditions.
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Discuss the difference between various touch modalities used in healthcare settings
- Demonstrate proficiency in core touch at a pressure of three
- Demonstrate ‘M’ Technique® on hand
- Demonstrate ‘M’ Technique® on foot
- Demonstrate ‘M’ Technique® on the hand and foot practical
This course is open to nurses, massage therapists, other health providers, as well as non-health professionals such as hospice volunteers, patient advocates, patient ambassadors, and caregivers. It is also open to relatives and friends of individuals who may be critically ill, very fragile or anyone needing the comfort and healing of holistic touch.
A Certificate of Attendance is given to all attendees successfully completing the class. Nurses and Massage Therapists receive 4 Contact Hours. Click here to be directed to R.J. Buckle for continuing education details.
TO EARN CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDIT (Nursing and Massage Therapy) students MUST:
- Attend the entire 4-hour course
- Complete multiple-choice test with 70% or better
- Complete a course evaluation
To remain compliant with R.J. Buckle Associates, LLC policies, the following requirements must be met:
- Cost of the course is $125 per student, inclusive of certificate of attendance, Continuing Education Credits, nursing or massage therapy, (if applicable) and course handouts. Online course fee INLCUDES the cost of the Educational DVD (retail value $50)
- Attendees must register and pay at least 3 weeks prior to class date to secure space and allow for class materials to be delivered prior to the class. If registration occurs less than 3 weeks, the attendee may be responsible for higher shipping charges to ensure delivery of class materials arrive before class date.
- Online Class size is currently limited to 8 participants and registration fills up quickly.
- Refund of tuition less $25.00 administrative fee if cancellation is received 3 weeks prior to class date. If class materials have already been shipped, retail cost of DVD and shipping will be deducted from refund as well. After this date, credit for a future class will be given.
- If minimum number of attendees is not reached, registered attendees will be scheduled for the next class that works with their schedule.
- If class is cancelled by R.J. Buckle Associates, LLC, full refunds will be given, unless class materials have been mailed to attendee. If this occurs, student and instructor will discuss options.